Monday, April 12, 2010



Busy day today. I slept in so I had to cram everything into half a day and got side tracked at the op shop. Got a new rabbit fur coat, because ever since listening to Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, I've needed one. Also got some mens shoes, I'm going to call them hoppers. Got a rather nice black silk blouse too, pretty good sleeve detail, size 18 or something so it billows around.

Looking a bit shaggy in these, don't mind at all.


Also got some photos of those silks I have dyed, I stuck to variations of olive green, pinks, oranges and yellows for the satin silks using heat fix dye. All the dying was done very rapidly, I've worked out my attention span shouldn't be mistaken for being lazy. I don't have paitence so I work very quickly, I get bored easily so I make as much as I can. The chiffon silks were dyed using a blot method. You paint on the dye with a brush and then lay down more silks to absorb the excess dye. Waste not want not.

Still not sure what I am going to do with them. I can't get too attached or I will not be able to rip them up and make them into something else.




listening to- Excuses, Morning Benders. a really awesome violin hook at the start, reminds me of a pin up girl tripping on acid.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm doing Fashion and Textiles at Curtin Uni. Here are my thoughts and work.